Joanne WeirA 4th-generation professional cook, Joanne Weir spent five years cooking at Chez Panisse after receiving a Master Chef Diploma with Madeleine Kamman. She is a James Beard award-winning cookbook author who travels and teaches cooking classes extensively throughout the world, including Italy, Spain, France, Greece, Morocco, Australia and New Zealand, as well as in her San Francisco studio kitchen.
Joanne has written 17 cookbooks, including her 2015 food memoir, Kitchen Gypsy: Stories and Recipes from a Lifetime Romance with Food.
Joanne co-owns Copita, a modern Mexican restaurant and tequileria in Sausalito, California. In 2012, she was appointed by the State Department to the American Chef Corp, a select group of 80 American chefs chosen to promote world relations through food. Joanne writes for several national publications, including Sunset Magazine, Cooking Light, Better Homes and Gardens, Fine Cooking and Food & Wine.
Joanne also hosts and executive produces several award-winning public television series, including Joanne Weir Gets Fresh and her latest, Joanne Weir’s Plates & Places, which earned the Taste Award for “Best New Series."
- Braised Beef Ragu in Two Courses
- Celebration Salad of Endive Crème Fraîche and Caviar
- Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Coffee Honey Brulee
- Cranberry Upside-Down Cake
- Crispy Cracker Bread
- Fettuccine With Tomatoes Basil And Crisp Bread Crumbs
- Golden Gazpacho With Garlic Croutons
- Grilled Corn And Arugula Salad With Smoky Tomato Vinaigrette
- Halibut Parcels With Capers and Lemon Thyme
- Panna Cotta With Stewed Grapes
- Roasted Cornish Hens With Toasted Bread Crumb Salsa
- Root Vegetable Chips With Roasted Carrot Hummus
- Seared Scallops With Watercress And Lemon Relish
- Spicy Fried Chickpeas
- Spring Garden Panzanella
- Sweet Pea Guacamole
- Tortilla and Tomato Soup
- Vanilla Panna Cotta With Raspberries
- Wild Mushroom And Blue Cheese Crostini